In response to the 2016 SIP slogan " Time for Action", there is the willingness of Active Citizenship Network and Sine Dolore to collaborate to develop concrete efforts against unnecessary pain. This coalition aims to be:
- An open multi-stakeholder platform aimed primarily at the constituency that deals with pain relief at local and national level throughout Europe and not in EU umbrella organizations
- The missing piece needed to integrate scientific research on pain with the approach of "civic information" on the subject.
- The agora of operators of good practices on pain, encouraging the exchange of experiences among health professionals, health care providers, institutions, civic associations and patient advocacy groups (PAG).
- A bridge on pain built in the Mediterranean area, but destined to go beyond the borders of the EU and also reach non-EU contries.
- The fusions of experiences arising from pain and the rights of patients.
- Facilitator of advocacy activities and policies on chronic pain at local, national and European level.
Therefore, the diversity of members whithin the Coalitation will strengthen collaborations among all relevant actors. At the same time, the differents shared perspectives will enrich European and national experiences, data and comparative assessment on chronic pain.